American Rights at Work – What do “Covert Affairs” star Christopher Gorham, Cy Young winner Justin Verlander, and the Cleveland Browns’ Benjamin Watson have in common? They’re all proud union members and they’re all participating in our third annual Labor Day Tweet-a-Thon.
Each year, our goal is simple: Take over Twitter during the holiday weekend, using the #unionmember hashtag to spread a positive message about the value of unions. Last year, American Rights at Work and our Tweet-a-Thon partners at Actors’ Equity, MLBPA, NFLPA, SAG-AFTRA, and WGAE reached over 5.4 million people on Twitter during Labor Day weekend.
This year, with your help, we can go even bigger. Here’s how:
- Starting NOW through Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 3) – use your and/or your organization’s Twitter account to tweet #unionmember messages throughout the weekend and recruit your organization’s members to participate. Join the conversation with an original tweet or just use one of the sample tweets below.
- Tweet out the link to http://www.unionmember.org (or http://umem.us) or promote on Facebook with a message like this:
This Labor Day, all kinds of union members and supporters are showing their union pride by sharing messages on Twitter using the hashtag #unionmember.
Click this link to see their messages and to share your own! unionmember.org
For All Union Members:
- I am a #unionmember because standing together for fair benefits and treatment is part of the American dream. Happy #LaborDay!
- I’m a #unionmember because together we are more powerful than we are alone.
- Being a #unionmember means I have health care and can pay the bills.
- Happy to be a #unionmember this #LaborDay! http://unionmember.org
- Being a #unionmember means a better life for my family. Happy #LaborDay!
- Thinking of all America’s workers this #LaborDay, I’m proud to be a #unionmember.
- Stand strong, stand together. Proud to be a #unionmember this #LaborDay.
- Being a #unionmember means I’ve got my coworkers’ backs and they’ve got mine.
For Union Supporters:
- Have #LaborDay off this weekend? It’s because of #unions! #unionmember http://unionmember.org Please RT!
- On #LaborDay, I’m grateful for the #unionmember community standing up for rights and opportunities for all workers.
- Happy #LaborDay! I’m proud to support workers’ rights and my #unionmember friends every day http://unionmember.org
- Surprise! Union jobs built the middle class. Support a #unionmember on Labor Day.
- Want a strong middle class? Stand with a #unionmember fighting to advance workers’ rights this #LaborDay. Pls RT!
- Proud to come from a #unionmember family! We all benefit from workers standing together for fair pay & affordable health care.
- Union jobs are American jobs. Support a #unionmember today on #laborday!