We have built a new section onto our website just for you – the BCTGM Stewards Corner.
The job of a steward is one of the most challenging, most rewarding and most important jobs in our union. That’s because union stewards are on the front lines of our fight to develop a strong, active union in the workplace.
Stewards have an enormous impact on our members’ faith and belief in the union. The steward is the one union person our members see every day when they go to work. In the eyes of most BCTGM members, you are the union. Because this is so, the BCTGM steward, more than any other union leader or activist, has the opportunity to energize and mobilize the source of our union’s strength: the membership.
The purpose of this interactive site is to help our thousands of stewards across North America become more effective and educated in this very important role.
Here you can:
- Learn all about your role and responsibilities;
- Find details on your legal rights as a steward;
- Get step-by-step guidance through the grievance procedure;
- Link to and print manuals, publications and other materials; and
- Get regular news and safety updates pertaining to stewards.